Roasted beets with herbs and feta cheese make a wonderful vegetable side dish for many meals. Try the recipe sometime when you encounter fresh beets at the market.
- 6 beets (approx 1.5 lb)
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the thyme, chives, and olive oil, reserve
- Peel beets under running water and wrap them individually in foil
- Roast beets in oven until tender when pierced with a fork, approx. 1 hour
- Remove beets from oven, unwrap, and quarter them
- Place beets in serving bowl and drizzle them with herb and oil mixture
- Add crumbled feta cheese and pepper
I particularly like this served with roasted lamb or medallions of beef tenderloin, but it pairs wonderfully with a variety of main dishes.
Buy your custom blinds online at storesselectscanada, and do not forget delivery is free. Learn more at www.storesselectscanada.ca